About the Role
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer Intern to join our team and assist the Electrical Engineer in organizing data and materials, testing, and analyzing our wireless charging systems with a focus on the MotherBox, phone cases, and other consumer products. This internship is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of wireless charging, RF design, and consumer product manufacturing.
The principal responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer Intern are:
· Collect, record, and consistently update data gathered from lab testing
· Organize electronic materials for production units and lab studies
· PCB assembly and circuit debugging
· Retune impedance matching networks with smith charts and VNA
· Test, analyze, and debug MotherBox and phone case systems under the guidance of the Electrical Engineer
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Experience in RF design and analog circuit design
· The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, make effective and timely decisions, and solve problems
· Passion for creating a wireless world where the state of your battery is not a concern but a mere afterthought
· Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· At least one year of professional experience with RF systems
· Prior experience with a VNAs, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
· Prior experience with Class D/E Amplifier circuits
· Prior experience with the following software packages: CST, HFSS, Altium, LTSpice, Eagle, and Matlab
· Prior experience working at a startup
About the Company
Yank Technologies, Inc. is a wireless charging startup in Brooklyn, New York. We develop long-range, high power wireless charging technology. Safe. Simple. No contact required. With patented antenna and amplifier developments in resonant inductive technology, we provide a scalable solution for variable ranges of power and distances.
Our product, the MotherBox, is the first wireless charger that can wirelessly charge your device with no contact required. You can charge your iOS or Android devices simultaneously and never worry about your charging cables again. By demoing early units of the MotherBox, we have secured industrial contracts, especially in the automotive sector.
We have several automotive customers for wirelessly charging passenger devices and for wirelessly charging vehicles electronics, such as LEDs and actuators. We have significant early traction in the Automotive industry and are currently developing pilots for upcoming production vehicles.